Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ten More Things I Learnt....

So my week has gone well. How are all of you? I had hoped to work an extra shift this week at the firehouse. But alas that failed to come through. You see, I am finding that I am way more productive there than at home. Mrs. T kicks the honey do list into overdrive when she knows I will be around for a few days. At work I ensure the equipment is up to speed, training is finished, and we are available for emergencies. Usually after 5pm ; pending calls, we are free to do our own thing. Even though I am at a busy house, it's easy to find quiet space to focus and be productive. Here are a few things that I learned this week....

  1. A black man with a middle eastern name has a great chance of becoming President.
  2. The guy at the Giants game on Monday with the Celtics hat turned backwards, is a dick. (Get off your cell phone prick boy and order, or get the fuck out of line!!!)
  3. Walking twenty-five miles sucks a whole lot more than paying 4.25 for a gallon of gas. Thank Skid Jones for that little pearl.
  4. If you drink enough, even a brain tumor doesn't stand a chance.
  5. If you miss the last ferry home from San Francisco, a cab cost $120 to my house.
  6. Hillary thinks there is O.T. and that she can kick a field goal and pull off a last second victory.
  7. Twenty-one years of networking makes career expansion when you're older, a whole lot easier.
  8. R Kelly really is a creep.
  9. I'm old. Many of the students. . . sorry, correction. . .most of the students I will be teaching are younger than my son.
  10. Arnold Schwarzenegger was a better actor than he is a Governor. As I recall he doesn't have a whole lot of thespian recognition. What next, are they going to elect a fucking wrestler?
See you all tomorrow. . .

7 Beer Farts:

jenji said...

R. Kelly really is a creep.

Creepo!

jenji

The Middle Lifer said...

Are we having a busy week? Reading is fundamental as they say, or what they told me when I was a kid.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

$120? Ouch!

TSTuesday said...

I think we need the back story about the d-bag at the game and why you missed the ferry.

Any chance you and the Mrs are doing Muddy Buddy this weekend? I am hading to No Cal in he morning for it!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Don't laugh. We had a wrestler for a Gov for 4 painful years. And now he's thinking about running for Senate!... against who?... that's right Al Franken. That's MN for ya!

Jake Titus said...

Jenji: Uhhh Yaaah and the longer he drags this case out, the worse he looks.

Lifer: Busy,....understatement.

Cherry/Chardsy: Ouch yes! I will share the story tonight.

Jeff: Hey, a lot can be said about a sense of humor. I'd love to see someone like Lewis Black run for office!

Anonymous said...

I am doing well, thank you for asking. lol

R. Kelly needs to be in jail. For a long time.

And we Californian's will elect anyone to public office if they're famous. I'm sure of it.