Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gadget Guy

I have come to realize that in the last few years I have become a Technology Whore.

There was a period in my life when the title "Minimalist", fit me perfectly. I had a 19" TV with a wire hanger/tinfoil antenna. I did not own a VCR or a video game console. I slept on a futon in a studio apartment. I had a decent home stereo that sat on top of a simple wooden box. I did not own a car stereo, cell phone, or watch. Home computers were not common household fixtures. It was the early nineties and life was pleasantly simple.

Life as I know it now, would be a bitch without. . .

My computer
The Internet and email
My iphone
A big ass flat screen DLP television
NFL Sunday Ticket
TIVO
Remote Controls
A Gas Fireplace
My ipod
A Dishwasher
The Rabbit Wine Opener
Over sized heads on golf clubs and draw technology
Lightweight snowboarding equipment
Fleece
Nose hair trimmers
ETC..........

The list is endless.

The talking heads were onto something when they asked "well how did I get here?" That is how I feel sometimes when I look at all of the shit that is considered "essential."

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

Jake

0 Beer Farts: